- This event has passed.
SSPI-WISE – Women in Space Engagement!
December 16, 2021 UTC-7
The next meeting of SSPI-WISE is on December 16 at 11:00 am EST. Women from throughout the industry are encouraged to join us on Zoom. Click here to register now.
This meeting marks the one-year anniversary of SSPI-WISE! In honor of that milestone, we’re is pleased to announce the new SSPI-WISE Blog! The blog will be a timely and informative space to learn about industry happenings, and to explore a range of topics, especially as relates to women in industry. The inaugural post is live on the SSPI-WISE page – check it out now!
- STEM Outreach: Aiming to engage more women in the space & satellite industry through coordinated STEM outreach and partnerships with other groups
- Social Media: Working to spread the word about SSPI-WISE and make sure all women in the industry have a chance to participate and contribute
- Elevating Women: Encouraging balance on conference panels, recognizing companies that actively promote women, profiling women through social and other media and encouraging nomination of women for awards, including the Hall of Fame, 20 Under 35 and Mentor of the Year SSPI awards
- Networking and Swag: Engaging women from throughout the industry through social media and live and online events
- Mentorship: Working to develop structured mentorship programs to assist women attempting to enter and thrive in the industry
*Working Groups are open to women members of SSPI only. For the inaugural year, any woman who wishes to serve on SSPI-WISE Working Groups may email Tamara Bond-Williams for complimentary membership and working group assignment.
SSPI-WISE meets once per month. We hope to see you at this meeting and many in the future!