- This event has passed.
AIxSPACE: a first step towards the transformation of the space industry by artificial intelligence.
January 18 - January 19
The space industry is increasingly turning to artificial intelligence (AI) to push and redefine the boundaries of what is possible in space exploration. AIxSPACE, an event dedicated to AI applications in the space industry, has therefore been launched by Euroconsult and Innovitech, experts in space and innovation respectively, to address these challenges. For this first edition, the event will be held virtually on January 18 and 19, 2021.
AIxSPACE will seek to provide an in-depth analysis of five key applications of artificial intelligence designed to significantly improve the space industry. The event will focus on how AI will define a new era for space innovation when applied to the following themes: deep space exploration, astronaut health, earth observation, satellite communications and connected aviation.
Applications of artificial intelligence in aerospace are already visible, while major space players are progressively integrating AI into their technologies. From autonomous decision making and predictive analysis to astronaut medical assistance, AI defines itself as an intelligent assistant collaborating across the industry and these collaborations open the two niche networks to each other like never before.
With a roster of more than 30 national and international opinion leaders from a variety of industry, government and academic backgrounds all working in the sector, AIxSPACE will be a unique opportunity to find answers to some of the most complex challenges facing the industry. Speakers will include
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President of the Centre National d’Études Spatiales in France
- Lisa Campbell, President of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
- Christer Fuglesang, Astronaut and Space Advisor at SAAB
- Dave Williams, Astronaut and President and CEO of LeapBiosystems
- Mike Greenley, CEO of MDA
- Remi Duquette, Vice President IA and Innovation, Maya HTT
- Guy de Carufel, Founder and CEO of Cognitive Space
- Samuel Foucher, Principal Investigator – Remote Sensing Specialist for CRIM.
A complete overview of the program, as well as a detailed list of speakers at the event are available at https://aixspace.ca/.