With a simple design and user interface on the app, Bivy Stick is the lightest and most efficient way to send a message, share a location, get a weather report, or initiate an SOS while adventuring off-grid.
- 2-way text satellite communication
- No Activation Fees and roll over credits
- Able to send text messages to phone numbers or email addresses
- Location sharing and tracking SOS communication through the app or with dedicated button on the device
- Check-in button on device sends preset message and location
- The smallest, simplest satellite communication device in the world, only weighs 100g
- High-power antenna for more frequent and reliable communication
- IPX7 ingress protection rating
- Compatible with all GoPro®* mounts 100% global satellite coverage – works anywhere you can see the sky
To accompany the reduced pricing on the Bivy Stick device, Bivy and ACR Electronics unveiled revised structuring on their convenient, easy to understand data plans. New Bivy Stick users will be able to immediately access and use their device’s features with a four-month required period of the brand’s ‘Plus’ or ‘Unlimited’ plans.
The ‘Plus’ pricing plan offers users 60 credits per month and will continue to allow for the rollover of unused credits. At the completion of the four-month trial period, users will have the choice of continuing on their current plan, changing to the Basic plan, or suspending their service until the next time they need it. This flexibility allows users to only pay for the months they need it, or have the device ready and active in case of emergency.
SOS communication service will continue to be provided by Global Rescue, an industry leader, providing 24/7/365 medical, security, evacuation, travel risk and crisis management services to travelers around the world. Bivy members in need of help in an emergency can reach Global Rescue through their Bivy device and receive assistance or evacuation.
Bivy Stick complements the gear lists of boaters, backpackers, mountain bikers, hunters and fishermen, off-highway vehicle (OHV) users, skiers and snowboarders, kayakers and paddlers, global travelers and/or anyone accessing remote terrain.
“Bivy Stick was created by our founder, Vance Cook, on the very notion of making satellite communication more accessible and giving users peace of mind when adventuring in the backcountry,” said Sus Edmundson, ACR’s Director of Sales & Marketing for 2-Way Communication. “The reduced pricing on Bivy Stick devices directly drafts off of this original premise by lowering any potential barrier to entry and putting the power of off-grid satellite communication within reach of all adventurers.”