In the annual Start-Up Space report, BryceTech found that start-up space ventures attracted roughly $7.6 billion in all types of financing during 2020, breaking the previous record of $6.5 billion in 2019.
The 2020 report highlights:
- A total of 124 start-up space companies received investment
- There are 342 investors in start-up space companies
- A total of 140 start-up space deals were recorded
- United States start-ups accounted for 67% (~$5.1 billion) of investment in 2020.
- Of all companies that received investment in 2020, 38% were located within the U.S. Of the 342 investors in start-up space companies, 36% were based in the U.S.
- Nine companies accounted for 80% of the $7.6 billion invested in start-up space ventures in 2020.
The report also details start-up space investment trends from 2000 – 2020.