The 2021 edition of the report Ground Segment Market Prospects is now available from Euroconsult.
The report covers the different application chains in the commercial and government ground segment, including SATCOM and EO applications. Some of the key findings include:
- The ground segment related to connectivity for military forces stood at around $1.3B in 2020, with user terminals representing close to 60% of the total spending.
- The deployment of new satellite systems and the modernization of user terminals, with a focus on mobility, on the use of different frequency bands and of different orbits will represent important drivers for spending by defense forces. We anticipate that annual spending in ground segment for defense and intelligence should consequently reach over $2B in the second part of the decade.
- The commercial ground station market (excluding broadcast small/TVRO antennas and user terminals) was valued at $1.9B and is expected to grow with a 2% 10Y CAGR, with a peak at $2.7B in 2022 driven by Satcom Data & Services.
- Considering user terminals, the commercial market should more than double in terms of market value, from $1.1 billion in 2020 to $2.7 billion in 2030 (i.e., 8.9% CAGR).
- Increasing investments in HTS/VHTS satellite systems result in an increased need for ground segment equipment, while more than half of the installed gateways will be for NGSO constellations.
- The EO segment to be largely driven by EO government programs and the ground network expansion of GSaaS providers.
- The terrestrial competition for video services to be the main responsible for the decline of the satellite broadcast market value, despite a temporary growth due to the C-band spectrum change in the U.S.
- The fast deployment of NGSO constellations is expected to boost sales of Flat Panel Antennas to reach half of the commercial user terminal market by 2030.
The Classic version of the report includes an in-depth analysis of the different application chains in the ground segment market dynamics, analysis and forecasts for the next decade in PDF as well as Excel databases, covering historical data from the past 5 years, current data, and forecasts for the next 10-years of ground site antenna and user terminal inventory, such as the number of new units and revenues for the industry.
The Premium subscription provides additional content…
- Dataset covering more than 1,000 ground sites with information on the owner, the location, the main application, and the number of antennas.
- Dataset of Earth Observation and Telecom satellites launched and contracted with information about RF communications, the operational lifetime, the payload type, the operator, and more details. Visit our digital platform for details on purchasing options and pricing, or contact us if you need more information.