Blue Origin‘s newly formed Board of Advisors includes notable former government space leaders and industry executives who are listed below.
The Board’s responsibilities include providing strategic counsel as reflected in the company’s mission to radically reduce the cost of access to space and the use of in-space resources. By doing this the Board will further advance Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space that will benefit the Earth.
“We are so proud to have attracted this amazingly talented group of experts. This Board will help us drive our mission forward, provide us guidance on our key initiatives and serve as strategic advisors to our leadership team,” said Bob Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Blue Origin.
The Blue Origin Advisory Board members are:
- The Honorable Kari A. Bingen – Former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security
- Dr. Charles Elachi – Former Director, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Dr. Dan Hastings – Aeronautics and Astronautics Department Head, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and former Chief Scientist, U.S. Air Force
- Major General Sue Mashiko, USAF (Ret.) – Former Deputy Director, National Reconnaissance Office
- Todd May – Senior Vice President, Space and Mission Solutions, KBR and former Director, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Bill Smith – Former President, Primex Technologies Aerospace Division
- The Honorable Heather Wilson – President, University of Texas at El Paso, former Secretary of the U.S. Air Force, and former Member, U.S. House of Representatives