The awards will recognize standout SIG members doing amazing things to help the satellite communications industry. Nominations are now open and are free, but limited to SIG members.
Helen Weedon, Managing Director, commented, “The SIG Awards is something completely new for us, but it seems like a natural thing for us to establish. With our focus on innovating to solve problems and collaboration, the awards will recognise companies, individuals and youngsters who are exemplifying these principles and whose efforts are furthering the satellite industry. We are particularly pleased to be including two categories aimed towards educational institutions and young engineers, as we believe the industry as a whole must make a concerted effort to support, attract and equip the next generation with the right skills to continue the success of satellite.”
SIG is an open forum encompassing members from all areas of the satellite and space industry, enabling global cooperation and debate on the current challenges, opportunities and innovations in the ever-changing satellite ecosystem. It’s aim is to foster relationships between stakeholders in the satellite industry and promote innovative thinking and the preservation of satellite as a leading form of connectivity.
The SIG Award categories will include:
- Innovation of the Year – Awarded to the company with the most innovative production or solution brought to market within the last 12 months.
- Educational Project of the Year – Awarded to a company, educational organisation, or individual that is working to further engagement between students and the satcoms industry.
- Cooperation Award – Awarded to two or more companies for a project where cooperation was key to solving a challenge, such as interference, or bringing about innovation.
- Young Engineer of the Year -A young or budding engineer who has showed excellence in innovating to resolve issues faced in satellite communications.
- Lifetime Achievement Award -This will be decided by the SIG Directors.
The deadline for submissions is June 2020. Shortlisted nominees will be announced on 5th August and winners announced on 14th September. To submit a nomination or for more information please visit: https://satig.space/the-sig-awards/.