- This event has passed.
Pursuing Urgent Consensus on Space Situational Awareness and Debris Mitigation
December 3, 2020 UTC-7
Crowded orbits come with great risks, and increasingly so there are concerns regarding space situational awareness, space debris mitigation and technology development in this field. There have been further calls for international legislation and how crowded orbits could have an impact on satellite missions as well as launch. Meanwhile, a growing number of organisations are focusing on providing solutions to this issue, with ESA aiming for all of its missions to be ‘risk neutral’ by 2030.
Topics to be discussed:
· The continuous need for international legislation, standards, norms and procedures
· The growing implications of space debris on satellite missions and launch
· Updates on technology developments in this realm
· Moderator: Victoria Samson – Washington Office Director, Secure World Foundation
· Dr Holger Krag – Head of Space Safety Programme Office, ESA
· Joanne Wheeler MBE – Managing Partner, Alden Legal
· Jonas Radtke – CEO & Co-founder, OKAPI:Orbits
· Harriet Brettle – Head of Business Analysis, Global Business Development Office, Astroscale
By registering to attend this webinar you are agreeing to our terms and conditions: