The new IP-centric models complement the already successful AXIOM-X compact, single-card solution. All deliver powerful performance, supporting up to 575 Mbps of aggregate data and 160,000 IP packets per second. They also support L2 bridging and L3 routing with full QoS and Traffic Shaping.
The new products are…
- AXIOM-R – a new rugged outdoor IP67-rated modem capable of operation from -40° to + 60°C
- AXIOM-N – a new 19” rack-mount modem
- AXIOM-C – a new small indoor modem with the ability to mount as a half-width addition to a rack, increasing density for space-constrained systems, or small enough to comfortably bring satellite communications to a desk in remote areas
“The AXIOM platform has already built momentum in the Communications-on-the-Move, portable comms systems, broadcast news gathering, disaster, defense, civil, and commercial markets,” said Michael Towner, Senior Director of Sales and Marketing at Teledyne Paradise. “These new family members increase the number of situations where satellite communications can be used and are compatible with our existing modem product lines.”
Other noteworthy features of the AXIOM modem line include:
- IP-centric, DVB-S2X Modem, for the most powerful and robust performance within the space segment.
- Bandwidth savings: DVB-S2X, ACM, TCP acceleration with header and payload compression
- Enhanced doppler capability (±700kHz/ ±100kHz/s) to track fast moving LEO or MEO satellites.
- The intuitive M&C (management and control) system is equally user-friendly whether on a laptop PC, Mobile, or tablet
- The AXIOM-R Rugged modem supports an extended operating temperature range of -40º to +60ºC and IP67 rating
- Extended L-band operation to 2,150 MHz
- Optimized spectral roll-offs, including 5%, 10%, and 20%
Production at Teledyne Paradise is underway on the new AXIOM family-members and customers may begin placing orders.
Also, visit the Teledyne booth #1324 at the Satellite 2022 show.