The World Teleport Association (WTA) today announced the appointment of Eutelsat’s Head of Third Party Teleports Jesus Mendez Sampedro to its Board of Directors. In March, he will stand for election by the membership to a three-year term.
In his current role at Eutelsat, in which he has served for nearly 11 years, Jesus is responsible for the delivery of third-party teleport services, including assessment of potential Teleport partners, procurement of cost-effective teleport services and management of all external teleport operations to assure a service quality according to Eutelsat standards. In his day-by-day activity, he manages the integration of external teleport activities as part of Eutelsat’s end-to-end services, interfacing with external teleports and defining a high-quality service delivery.
Jesus is Eutelsat’s primary coordinator of all third-party teleport activities, and as a result of his background he has an extensive operational understanding of the worldwide Teleport industry and is knowledgeable about the challenges associated with teleport activity. Before joining Eutelsat, he served as a specialist in a variety of engineering roles at different regional and international terrestrial telecom providers (R Cable in Spain, AT&T in Czech Republic, etc.), but also in engineering roles in the Broadcasting and Media sectors.
Continuing to serve on WTA’s Board of Directors are:
- José Sánchez Ruiz, Chief Solutions Officer, Hispasat (Chairman)
- Jay Bloom, Senior Manager Ground Systems, Amazon Kuiper
- Ron Busch, Executive Vice President, Engineering and Operation, ABS Global Ltd
- Jay LaPrise, Senior Vice President, Global Transmission Operations, Encompass Digital Media
- Samuel Lemercier, Managing Director UK, Globecast
- Mitja Lovsin, Chief Commercial Officer, STN
- Will Mudge, Vice President, Engineering Operations, Speedcast
- Scott Mumford, Chief Executive Officer, Satellite Services, Liquid Intelligent Technologies
- Guido Neumann, Chief Development Officer, AXESS Networks
- Matthew Prange, Vice President, Strategic Teleport Partners & Implementation, SES
- Kheng Ghee Ng, Head, Satellite, SingTel
- Lorenzo Ronzitti, Head of International Sales, SATCOM, Telespazio
- Susan Saadat, Vice President, ETL Systems
- Ron Storie, Vice President, Network Operations, Intelsat
- Rob Weitendorf, Vice President, Business Development, Kymeta Corporation
- Lesley Wilson, Head of Satellite & Gateway Services, Arqiva
“Eutelsat’s Rambouillet Teleport was the first in the world to receive Teleport Certification from WTA,” said executive director Robert Bell. “Jesus managed that process from the Eutelsat side and gave us very helpful feedback that improved the program. We look forward to more in his new role on our Board of Directors.”