Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) recently unveiled their first product in a new series of RF transceivers that offer high dynamic range and are suitable for a variety of commercial and military applications.
The high-performance ADRV9002 RF transceiver is ideal for mission-critical communications applications — such as first responder radios, private Long-Term Evolution (LTE) networks and satellite communications — where size, weight and power are key design considerations. The RF transceiver is the latest addition to ADI’s award-winning RadioVerse™ design and ecosystem.
ADRV9002 RF Transceiver Features and Benefits
- Offers best-in-class dynamic range and capable of deciphering wideband and challenging narrow band operations within a single device
- Operates from 30MHz to 6GHz Provides receiver dynamic range of -150dBc/Hz and a highly linear transmitter First radio transceiver designed to enable narrowband and traditional wideband signals from 12KHz to 40MHz
- Capable of handling voice, data and imaging or video signals
- Incorporates digital signal radio correction algorithms, AGC, DPD, frequency hopping and channel filtering
- Ability to dynamically adjust performance and power
“Mission-critical communications networks are essential to ensure our safety,” said Joe Barry, VP of the Wireless Communications Business Unit at Analog Devices. “The difficulty for these networks to decipher complex signals increases as the radio spectrum becomes more populated. The ADRV9002 RF transceiver can correctly decode a signal in heavily congested spectrum. This helps customers develop radio platforms that are power and performance scalable across a broad range of commercial and military applications.”