Globalstar Canada Satellite Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Globalstar Inc. (NYSE MKT: GSAT), has launched an exclusive SPOT X™ Jeep® Edition 2-way satellite messenger — this newest product launch comes after SPOT recently entered a licensing deal with the Jeep brand.
The SPOT X Jeep Edition offers 2-way message capabilities with an on-board backlit display and Qwerty keyboard, GPS location tracking, and direct communication with emergency services in one portable, lightweight device. The new Jeep Edition combines the previous SPOT’s capabilities with Jeep’s branding.
The SPOT X Jeep Edition is the latest product introduction to the SPOT family of devices, providing affordable, off-the-grid messaging and tracking. Through a direct connection to the GEOS International Emergency Coordination Center, SPOT has triggered over 7,000 rescues around the globe.
Key Features of the SPOT X Jeep Edition:
- Bluetooth wireless technology allows pairing option to perform device functions using the SPOT X app
- Send and receive messages with family and friends when beyond cellular range
- S.O.S. emergency notification and direct 2-way messaging with 24/7 Search and Rescue services
- Check-In “OK” with the push of a single button directly to pre-set contacts
- Navigation: Built-in compass and programmable waypoints
- Rechargeable lithium battery averaging a life of 10 days when tracking in 10-minute intervals
- GPS Tracking and SPOT Mapping interface to Share Your Adventures
The SPOT X Jeep Edition will be available online at FindMeSPOT.ca.